web analytics

News With Nezua | We Will Not Comply

August 5th, 2010 § 12 comments

News With Nezua vids first appear Monday mornings at La Frontera Times. Wednesdays they show up at UMX, as well as in a dim setting at The XOLAGRAFIK Theater. YouTube version here.

§ 12 Responses to News With Nezua | We Will Not Comply"

• News With Nezua | We Will Not Comply:

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

• michael mandel says:

Always inspiring to see what’s happening across the country. The video looked/sounded great and your comments at the end were spot on. Thanks for this, Nezua!

• mkolken says:

rt @newswithnezua We Will Not Comply: FROM L.A. TO CHICAGO TO ARIZONA, protests, rallies and civil disobedience http://bit.ly/bBBfDg

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

• Leesee says:

Gave you a shout out on the blog.

• Linden says:

What specific immigration reform would you like to see? Is it the proposed amnesty program listed at the U.S. Immigration Support site, or something else? Is there something that can be done from the US side to stop illegal immigration besides a fence?

Yes. The US must stop fomenting violence in MX (por ejemplo, the Mérida Initiative, where the US is supplying money to assist MX prez Felipe Caldereon and his drug war which has killed almost 30,000 people so far in México). The US must correct NAFTA, which decimated the agricultural economy of MX and caused so many campesinos to have to seek other work. The US must rid itself of the primitive notion that hungry and desperate people should die in the desert or behind a fence. The US must help México prosper, instead of profiting off of cheap labor and agitating violence and economic ruin in México. At that point, the Mexican people would for the most part stay home, where they want to be.

• I read your page weekly and I wanted everyone to know about it, so I am giving you the Sunshine Award. Check it out here (http://viktoriavalenzuela.wordpress.com/153-2/)

Thanks for all that you do, Nezua!

Thank you, Viktoria. I really appreciate that vote of confidence! The award seems to come with requirements in the typical blog award fashion, which is cool, but right now I am too busy to do much in the way of blogs–not even write daily posts anymore. I can make a minute or two to check my comments, approve comments, yes. But get into my template to add code, write a post, comment on 12 other blogs…I don’t want to promise I can do that right away. But thank you!

• […] being the world’s greatest guitar player” … “Somos seres humanos, no somos objectos de discusión” … “I want to go all around the world, but if this is the way it has to be, then […]